Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Two's Aren't so Terrible!

I was looking on my blog today and I noticed something pretty cool.  I have this little graphic that updates how old Cora is and today she is 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old!  Isn't that wild??  We had to give a little update to commemorate this occasion!

Cora - You are so much fun!  Your Daddy and I love you so much.  Every day, I'm so thankful that I get to be your mommy and watch you grow up.  And you are growing up fast!  You have been learning a lot of new words.  I enjoy listening to you as we take rides in the car as you point out everything you see - birds in the sky, tractors in the fields, trucks and boats on the road, and the heavy rocks in front of Krispy Kreme (that one makes me laugh because you haven't learned what is inside that building with the heavy rocks though I'm sure when you do, you will stop talking about the rocks!)  Your attention span is growing so that we can sit together and read books with more words than pictures!  I love this as I've been looking forward to reading to you from your "Storybook Bible" and we have enjoyed doing that together.  You are starting to count though you say you have "two" of everything and when you try counting you usually say "one, two, four".  I sometimes worry that you might be color blind as every time I ask you what color something is, you say "BLUE".  Maybe that is just your favorite color.  We are working on discipline - which has been hard for us as your parents but we know it is for your good to teach you obedience.  So we talk about that a lot!  You love music and dancing.  Still a big fan of the "Black Eyed Peas" and you enjoy doing "Itsy, Bitsy Spider". You have been sleeping in a toddler bed and you are doing better though now you have learned to open your door so we've caught you walking around the house early in the morning! When we catch you, you even say "It's early!" Please learn to stay in your room and go back to sleep! 

We wouldn't change anything about you and are so happy you are our precious little girl.  Can't wait to see how much you change when you hit the Three's!!



1 comment:

  1. Just reading this makes me miss y'all so much! Meredith says everything is blue too, so maybe it's just a fun word to say for our sweet little toddlers. Cora is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete