Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Today we just had a relaxing day at home! This was prompted because it has been really hot, I'm 23 weeks pregnant, and yesterday I had to go to 3 different grocery stores to get everything we needed for the week. (do not ask.) So yes, I'm feeling a little tired today!


Luckily, I had a fun activity planned - Making Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! Oh my goodness, this was SOO yummy. We had it after lunch today and I had to use a LOT of self control not to eat the whole loaf. I kept thinking, "William will want some.. William WILL want some!". So you are welcome, hubby.



My happy helper!  (ignore trash can in background!)
Tracie - she finally wore the apron!!!



She really enjoyed the "stir in chocolate chips" step!


"I'm so CUTE in my apron!  Thanks LK!"


"Oh my goodness, I LOVE chocolate mommy! What, nap time is next?"

























The finished result.. Yes, it does look as good as it tastes!


If you like chocolate and bananas, I highly recommend this recipe! Maybe it is somewhat healthy as it is made from whole wheat and bananas!


Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (from "money saving mom" website)
Makes 1 loaf


2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup raw sugar (I just used normal sugar)
2 eggs, beaten
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup to 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks


Stir together dry ingredients. Beat together remaining ingredients.


Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until just combined. Sprinkle chocolate chips in and stir.


Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.


Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm I think I'll veganize and try! I make a pumpkin chocolate chip that is also delicious and looks about the same in color.

    ReplyDelete