Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Potty Present

Big event tonight in "The Bell" household! I mean big. I'm talking bigger than Charlotte being born! Cora earned herself a potty present by putting her "poo poo" in the potty! Sorry if this is too graphic for those readers who may have stumbled unawares on this site but I had to document this for years to come. We are just so excited that she did this. It was kind of coincidental how it all worked out but regardless she did it so hopefully she will give us a repeat pretty soon. Basically she had just finished taking her bath and was already naked in the bathroom. She got "the look" on her face and started asking me to leave the room (which I knew was code for "I gotta go!") so I asked her, which she told me "NO!" and then I told her she could not, by any means, poop in the tub. I promptly removed said child from the tub and told her to sit on the potty. Meanwhile, she is trying with all of her might to get me OUT of the bathroom for privacy (which I think is pretty funny). I leave the room once she sits on her potty, and I pull the door almost closed to give her "privacy". Well, she gets up and shuts the door all the way! So I wait a few seconds and knock and hear her making some excited noises. I go in, unsure of what to find, and lo and behold, there it is! Poop in the potty! Wow. She CAN do it. Will she do it again, is entirely another question but it was an encouraging night!




We gave her one of the presents I had bought when we tried official potty training 6 months ago!  She has enjoyed playing with it.  I hope the next time we try to train her, she will remember how proud she was to do it and it will come much easier than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment