Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cora's New Room - Idea Board

We have about a month before Charlotte makes her arrival and we've finally started thinking about moving Cora out of her baby nursery and into her big girl room!  My hope is that we will be able to make it super fun and exciting for her so that she will have no trouble adjusting.  I think the ideas we have picked out are pretty cool but we aren't really thinking like a toddler.  I'm sure the much better idea would have been to stick "Dora" or "Elmo" all over the wall but we decided to take a different approach.  Hopefully Cora will like it!

It all started with this picture William found on Pinterest - taking embroidery hoops in different sizes and putting different styles of fabric in them.  I really liked how it looked.  We've even ordered her name in the wooden letters so that should be arriving soon!




So we went to Wal-mart and found some fabric that we liked.  We have more sizes but this is what we have cut out so far.  Thought they went pretty well together.



This is just an idea I have but I thought these tissue flowers would be cool, hanging from the ceiling, maybe above her bed?  We do not have a headboard or anything - just twin size mattress set and frame so thought this could add something to make it more bed like. Colors would match the fabric, of course.



Which brings us to bedding - I found this online at Target and I thought it kind of matched with what we were trying to do. 



What do you think?  Any ideas?  I'm not the most creative person - So I would LOVE ideas or suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...so adorable! I might have to steal the embroidery hoop idea...it is too cute! Ya'll are so creative. I think it will be super special for Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embroidery hoop thing too. Cora's room is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete