Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

School's Out!

Today was Cora's last day of her "school" at St. James! I am so sad because we both have enjoyed it so much. She participated in 2 sessions, the first was about "Farm Animals" and lasted a week, and this one was about "Bible Hero's" and lasted Monday - Thursday. Sure, I enjoyed the free time but I loved seeing her little face when I came to pick her up and seeing how much fun she had. She learned so much!


I really can't say exactly what they did everyday but I can take a guess. I would drop her off at her room in the morning and they would already have a craft out (either coloring or painting a page or playing with play doh) and also snack. Cora talked about "snack" a lot the first week! So the rest of the time, I'm not sure but on her little progress sheet that they gave me, they would mark what she enjoyed and Cora usually enjoyed "playing with dolls, playing outside, painting, looking at books". When I would come to pick her up, she always had a very cute craft that they made that day, usually with her hand print or foot print or photo so those have now become priceless memento's that I will keep forever!


My favorite memory is actually from today, her last day. When I asked her about school this week, she would mention the word "pop". I did not know what she meant by this but I found out today! At pick up, she came running out to me, wearing her craft (a paper crown from their lesson on King David and Queen Ester), and holding a very sticky lollipop in her hand. AHA! Pop = Lollipop! We've never given her one so she definitely enjoyed that treat!



Exhausted from her busy day at school! Very sticky from her lollipop!



Showing off her craft and coloring page!


I hope we get to participate in more programs like this!  It was awesome!  Next week, we start swim lessons!  More to come on that later!

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! I'm happy that Cora (and mommy) enjoyed the time so much. Thx for sharing the sweet pics.

    ReplyDelete