Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our First (and maybe last) Yard Sale!

We did a yard sale! Shocking, I know. We are not the type of family that is organized or motivated enough to put together a yard sale. Plus, I'm far too impatient to store items we do not want. I will drive it straight to Goodwill just to get it out of my house! Since we are finishing our upstairs bonus room, we have lost all of our storage space. We had many items that we stored that we did not need. Luckily a group of neighbors suggested doing a "multi-family" yard sale so we went along with the group. All we had to do was sort our items and price them. That was hard enough for us, I can't imagine if we had to do the advertising as well! So I'm very thankful to our neighbors that made the signs and put the ad in the newspapers and online.


It ended up being a good experience for us! We had a great turn out and we sold many of our items. At the end of the day, we only had 2 small boxes of junk to donate. I'm not sure if we will do this again but if we have many extra items in the future, I wouldn't disregard the idea!



We got up at 5 am to get set up - This was taken around 6:30 in the morning!


Good-bye futon! 


I thought out set up looked pretty good! 


I think Cora found some "treasures" in the junk pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment