Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning!!!

The day has finally arrived - Christmas morning!! I know William and I were way more excited about this than Cora! She still isn't quite old enough to understand what is going on. So we have time before she gets "the gimmies"!!


Both of us woke up way before Cora! I woke up around 5:30 and started making our traditional "Monkey Bread". William grew up eating this with his family on Christmas morning and it was something he wanted to do with ours. I had no complaints as it is very yummy and easy to make. Something else we've started is placing pieces from a Nativity set on top of the monkey bread and singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus! I received this nativity set from my CBS leader last year with this idea - She did it with her family. Once I heard it, I knew I wanted to do it with ours.


We were so excited to hear Cora wake up! We got her up and let her run into the living room. She kept saying "Wow...". She loved opening and closing all the doors to her kitchen. She wasn't too interested in the presents but once we showed her how to open, she got a little more into it. She received lots of books, pajamas, "Tickle Monster" book (with gloves - so excited to do this) and a "Tickle me" Elmo baby! We are so blessed by our sweet friends who adore Cora.






































Okay - this last photo is funny! William surprised me with a movie in my stocking. I really wanted to see "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase. It's like a classic and it is hilarious. It usually comes on TV but we missed it and I wasn't able to find it to rent. So he surprised me by buying it for me. We watched it that afternoon with my family and I was not disappointed! It was still just as funny as when I first saw it. He was so sweet to do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment