Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WIC Christmas Party!

What is WIC? WIC stands for "Women in the Church"! It is a ministry at our church, Christ Presbyterian, that brings our women together in fun and fellowship and tonight we had our Christmas Party! One of my reasons for highlighting this on the blog is that this particular ministry is one I'm helping with this year. I've been wanting to do more at church and one way I feel that the Lord has spirtually gifted me is love for service and others - especially women. I just love being around women and if I can encourage them in their walk with the Lord, even better! We really had a great turnout - we enjoy the yummy snacks, singing Christmas carols (with a real flute and keyboards) and we got to hear wonderful testimony by Ruthie Bagnal. I love hearing from others how the Lord has worked in their lives. Hearing from Ruthie was so refreshing as she really put into words some of my current struggles as a wife and mother and how her faith in God got her through it. We ended the night with a gift card exchange. All in all, I'd say the evening was a success!















No comments:

Post a Comment