Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweet Visit from a great friend!

I had the most wonderful surprise today! Pictured below is a shot of Cora and I with our dear friend, Christi Shoaf. Christi and her husband, Drew, moved out to Washington State in 2008 for Drew to fulfill his dream of being a "travel nurse". They are sweet friends from college who were also involved with Campus Crusade for Christ. They got engaged the same time William and I did and they also got married the same year that we did. I have missed them a lot since they moved from Greenville. Though, they have loved living near Seattle and we've loved hearing about all their adventures. We actually flew out to visit them (before Cora) back in September, 2008. They really showed us a great time!


Back to my wonderful surprise! Christi has actually flown back to NC for a little while so that she can take care of her 90 year old grandpa. He was recently diagnosed with brain cancer and in need of a caretaker while Christi's parents are on business. What I love about Christi is that she didn't even need to think twice. Her and Drew both said, "Let's get you a ticket and get you home to take care of him." On this day, she had a "day off" and came to Greenville and called us for a visit. Christi was definitely the highlight of my day. She is such an encouragement to me and our visit was such a great reminder of what wonderful friends the Lord has blessed me with. I'm so thankful we share this common bond of Jesus Christ in our lives!!



No comments:

Post a Comment