Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Potty Training Take 2

I think Cora is finally ready to say "Buh Bye" to diapers and "Well Hello!" to big girl underwear!! We started yesterday by having a day at home, totally focused on using the potty and in her princess underwear. I asked her many times if she was still dry and if she was, she got a piece of candy (fruit gummies were her choice). She was really motivated to keep her "Belle" underwear dry. I also had a bigger prize out on display and she was told that if she was accident free ALL DAY she could earn it. The prize was.... Cinderella doll with a horse. (really small one. on clearance from Toys R Us.) My girl made me proud. She stayed dry ALL DAY, even during nap. I'm actually kind of surprised that she was able to do it but I guess when they are ready, they are ready. So she earned her big prize!!


Cora with her new, well deserved toy!

I had my doubts about this but we decided to go ahead and keep her in her big girl underwear even during the night, just to see how she would do. I moved the potty into her room, with a night light, and also gave instructions to her about if she had to go during the night, that she could go there. I also told her if she was able to keep her underwear dry all night, we would take her to the toy store for a new toy. I seriously doubted this was going to work. About an hour after she went to bed, she began calling out to us and I knew we were going to find a wet mess in her room. As we opened the door, there she was.. Holding her little potty cup, asking us to dump it for her since she has just used it. We heard from her 2 more times that night. Once at midnight, where she used the potty again, and then again at 2 am for a snuggle. Didn't hear from her anymore until 7:30 am. And she came out of her room, DRY!


We celebrated with a pancake breakfast!  William made some "special potty pancakes" for Cora!









Complete with Chocolate Chips! Yum!!


Cora immediately goes for the chocolate chips...




I would like to say we had a wonderful morning, eating pancakes and a fun outing to the toy store to pick out her toy but we did not. Cora was extremely fussy all morning and didn't even eat ANY of her pancakes.  When we tried to get her dressed to go to the toy store, she just cried and cried. So we skipped it. It wasn't until after a really short nap that we discovered she was running a fever, sigh.  So not sure how today will continue to go with potty training.  So far, so good.  We had one small accident but once she realized what was happening she stopped and we made it to the potty.  She really hasn't had to go since she is running a fever.. Better keep her hydrated!



Watching "Toy Story", recovering...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Big Cora! I hope you are feeling better soon. William- those potty pancakes are a trip :)

    ReplyDelete