Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Date Night In...

Earlier this week my husband asked if we had plans for the upcoming weekend, meaning tonight.  I told him, "No... Why, whats up?" and he said the sweetest words possible.  "I think we should have a candle lit dinner after we put the girls to bed. Oh and I'll cook."  Hearing these words just made my day and made me smile all the way until today.  Now these last few days and weeks have been hard.  Charlotte hasn't been sleeping very well and I've been feeling under the weather and some of my daily tasks were just starting to pile up and make me overwhelmed.  So knowing my sweet husband wanted to treat me to a dinner to reassure me that I'm loved and valued was just what this weary soul needed!



Our fabulous dinner!

William picked up the main dish from "Fresh Market" - Portabello mushroom stuffed with this lobster, crab, cheese goodness.  Then he made steam carrots in a brown sugar glaze and wilted baby spinach.  I know, skills right?!



Our dessert

This was so yummy!  Chocolate covered strawberries and this Chocolate layered cake (also from Fresh Market).  Oh my.  I love sweets so this was just heavenly!



I failed to include a photograph of the tulips he also bought for me.  They were beautiful!  After our wonderful, child free, candle lit dinner, we watched the movie "Courageous" and that was just so encouraging to watch. It's about this group of father's who don't want to be just "good enough", they want to go above and beyond to be the leaders for their family.  They desire to be godly husbands for their wives, they strive to be examples for their children, and they desire above all else to be examples of Jesus Christ to all. It's just one of those movies that you really want to stand up and cheer at the end.  I'm so thankful for my "courageous" husband and all that he does for us. 

William - Thanks for the wonderful date night in!!  Looking forward to our next one!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am glad you were able to have this time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Wiliam! Courageous is on my next to rent from red box list...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete