Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Papa Phillips!

I really did not think we would have another weekend without Charlotte but alas we did! It really is a good thing as Cora decided to come down with a case of strep throat during the weekend so it's probably a good thing we didn't have that and a newborn to worry about!! So thankful for God's sovereignty in allowing things to occur at the right time!


My dad's 65th birthday was coming up so we decided we better celebrate while we can, before I get a case of "newborn forgetfulness". You know, where you forget everything else so you can take care of your newborn and sleep. We had a great dinner out at "Longhorns" and probably the best part of the night was dessert - Chocolate Stampede! We got 1 and this thing was big enough that all 8 of us shared it. Yummy!!


I'm very thankful to have my dad! He is probably one of the most generous, kind, going out of his way to help you, hard of hearing man I've ever known. He has been wonderful in helping me with Cora whenever I needed to go to an appointment, going as far as rescheduling his life just to help me out. Love you dad!!




My dad and the dessert - isn't it huge?!


The kids!  Don't we look alike?


Cora testing to see how the ice cream affected her throat.


Ice Cream = Good thing for a sore throat!  Let me cover myself with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment