Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our week (so far) without Daddy


Sweet Hubby left on Friday for a mission trip to Haiti!  So it's just been me and the girls this week. I have felt SO blessed by my sweet friends and family who have called to check on us, come to visit, invited us over for meals, brought food, and told us about fun things to do.  We've really had a great week so far. I know it's not a coincidence either - I have many people praying for us and William as he is away telling those in Haiti about the love of Jesus!


Hugging daddy good-bye on Friday!


"Take me with you!"

It helps that the girls and I have stayed pretty busy! Here are some photos of our activities!


picking blueberries



playing with toys

Having fun at our church cook out! Cora was standing in line for the "slip and slide" (more like walk and fall down!)






Sweet Charlotte did so well being up past her bedtime so big sister could have fun!  (Ignore the left over carrots under her nose!!)


Sweet play date with Meredith and Berkley!  Love how the girls are looking at each other, like they are sharing a joke!


Cora picking out a sticker after obeying her sleep rules!



Trying to start crawling!

Yesterday, we even got a surprise card from daddy in the mail!  It brought tears to my eyes to read my man's message to each of us!  We haven't talked since he left, just a text message, so reading his words just reminded me how lucky I am to be his wife and also best friend.








Sweet sisters in matching strawberry shirts! (Thanks Casey Kiker for sending those!)




So we are hanging in there.  The girls are behaving so well and sleeping at night so that is a praise!  It helps that a friend mentioned to us about a vacation Bible school going on this week and I signed Cora up to go! She LOVES it!  Today they learned about "Noah's Ark" complete with a petting zoo.  I was told that Cora said she saw a goat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment